-

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

I have already entered Fundraising Hell...

Second night into football/cheerleading and the fundraising has started. Don't get me wrong, I'm all about helping out an organization but DANG they call this a fundraiser for the kids but the parents do all the work. Am I the only one who feels this way? Does this make me a bad Mom? Ah, the guilt.... I HATE it when other people ask me to buy wrapping paper that costs $20 a roll or order a magazine subscription that I never end up getting. SO, I HATE asking other parents to buy from my kids but we still do it anyway.

With that said, I will say that I do like one of the fundraisers we are doing - the old restaurant card...$10 for a card and get a ton of discounts for local Mechansiville restauraunts - Mimmos, Giovannis, Outback, Cici's, Brusters, Chens just to name a few. AND it wouldn't be a discount card from good ole Mechanicsville without getting a free admission to the Richmond Drag way. The other fundraiser is the good ole cookies in a box. My husband is so excited and says we just have to sell 15 of those in order for Jake to get a $20 Under Armour mouthpiece!

So as much as I hate these fundraisers, I will put on Mommy hat and start the peddling...so if your kid does not play football or cheer for the Rebels, get your wallet out, the Hamilton's kids are coming your way....

No comments:

Save Babies From Premature Birth