-

Monday, August 17, 2009

Family Ties


What a wonderful visit we had with my brother and his family from Arkansas. We had not seen them in over 3 years! Within those 3 years we both had two more kids. Crazy how time flies. Seems like just yesterday he was my little brother running around, riding bikes and spending time out at my Grandma and Grandpa's house riding on John Deere tractors. It felt kinda weird being at my parents and watching my parents with all 7 of their grandkids. To me my parents don't seem old enough to have 7 grandkids! It reminded me of all of those summers in Missouri when we would go and see my Dad's parents, it seemed like they had so many Grandkids. Let's see - including Step Children they have 10 Grandkids and 9 Great Grandkids! What a legacy!! Wow, my parents are not very far away from catching up with them on the number of Grandkids...pretty scary!

We had a great time swimming at my parents, hanging out and just being together as a family. I am so grateful that my children are growing up so close to their Grandparents. I learned so much from my Grandparents. They taught me the love of Christ and almost all of my happy childhood memories include them. I hope my children feel the same love and respect for their Grandparents as I do for mine.

Here some more pictures from our visit.



My Brother Rodney and his family

My new nephew, Johnny

All 7 Grandkids!

I love this picture of my Mom and Ethan!



THIS IS A PICTURE FROM 3 YEARS AGO WITH MY GRANDPARENTS AND THEIR CHILDREN, GRANDCHILDREN AND GREAT GRANDCHILDREN

Take a minute tonight to call your Grandparents and tell them you love them! I sure do...

No comments:

Save Babies From Premature Birth