-

Sunday, April 25, 2010

I was wrong and I was glad, thank you very much!

This morning while the big kids were in Sunday school I took Ethan down to the nursery to keep him and Anna Claire entertained.  They had a toddler/trike/bike and Anna Claire went right for it and here is how the conversation went:

Me - "Anna Claire, I think you are too big for that"

Anna Claire - "Ok, Ethan can ride it"

Me - "Oh no, he can't do that"

Anna Claire - "Why?"

Me - (thinking REALLY hard how to answer) "because he might fall"

Anna Claire - "So, you can just put him back on if he falls"

Me - "Hmmm...maybe you are right"

So we put him on and he LOVED it, he scooted his feet back and forth and amazed me.  I underestimated him, shame on me!  So this afternoon, we took some of his "baby" toys to my favorite consignment shop Kid to Kid and got a $15 store credit and bought him his very own riding toy and might I add that it only cost $6 so we actually made a couple of bucks.  Woot Woot! 

Feels good to be wrong.....




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

He looks so BIG on there!! Way to go Ethan, keep surprising us, little man!

Unknown said...

Once again, this proves what a good mother you are. You listened to Anna Claire and took her advice. You are a special mother.

Save Babies From Premature Birth