-

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Rollercoasters....


For those of you who have a child in the NICU or in the hospital you know all about rollercoasters. These rollercoasters are not fun.  One minute things are looking up and the next you are about to fall out of your seat!  Well, that is the day we had today!

Ethan started the morning off by ripping out his IV.  I mean, you know, full on ripping it out.  He is drinking a little bit at a time and still having wet diapers so they are going to hold off on putting another one in unless it becomes necessary.  That one took 4 tries before they got it so I'm hoping he continues to pee!  He did perk up a little and play some in the morning, which was nice to see.  He LOVED his Nurse today.  That is totally not like him.  She was great!!



My dear frined Jen, you remember her right....the one who helped keep me from losing my mind the night before Ethan was born came and brought me lunch from my favorite place, Panera.  Here is a picture of us at our last Baby Mama Night out....I am so looking forward to the next one in April.  I need it!


Just when I thought things were looking up Ethan started having some trouble keeping his stats up so back to the oxygen we went. He is also not eating very much but did try a little chocolate chip muffin...


Our Pastor stopped by to see us and said a wonderful prayer over Ethan.  It just filled my heart with joy and my eyes with tears.  It reminded me of this scripture:

“Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light” (Matthew 11:28-30)

We also had a visit from Susan, one of our friends from church who owns a Basket Company and makes the most amazing baskets...see what she brought us!


Oh and thank God for my parents, who have been picking up the other kids and feeding them for us and just making things a lot easier...



Last but not least, look at this picture of Ethan's friends at Mrs. Kathy's house...you know, my AMAZING babysitter that I have had for over 9 years....


Guess my rollercoasters were not all that bad today, in fact Holland was ok today because I have the most amazing friends and family from Italy....

No comments:

Save Babies From Premature Birth