-

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

A First for Me....

I knew it would happen, I've read about it happening to other Moms so I shouldn't have been so taken back. But...I....Was! 

Ethan has started taking a class at a local gym called romp n' roll and he loves it, the music, the lights and the bubbles.  Oh man he LOVES the bubbles.  He mostly just loves to do his own thing and here is where I insert the word "TYPICAL"  you know like a typical almost 2 year old.  The problem is though is that he is not typical, developmentally he is more like an almost 1 year old.  So I signed him up for the "Babies Class" the kids are anywhere from 6 months to 12 months and the first couple of classes that we have done have been fine but I think the kid has gotten comfortable.

Because today, he decided to act like a typical almost 2 year old with all of these sweet little almost 1 year olds.  You know what I'm talking about, throwing things, being defiant and laying down and throwing a tantrum when it was time to do something he didn't want to do.  Just real typical stuff and had we been in a class with other almost 2 year olds I wouldn't have cared a bit. But we can't be in a class with other almost 2 year olds because he is just not there yet.

In fact I'm the Mom that will walk her screaming and crying kid from the front of the church all the way to the back of the church in the middle of a sermon and take them to the bathroom and ahem I'll let you figure out the rest.  I don't tolerate it, my parents didn't, my grandparents didn't and I don't!  In fact, I have even walked out of a grocery store and left a cart full of groceries because I gave a "if you do that one more time we are outta here" and had to follow through.  Yep, I'm that Mom and I don't care what you think about my parenting style.....but alas, I guess I really do. 

And I'm not happy about it one bit!!!  I hate that I felt the big fat elephant in the room after class as the awkward silence came over us as we were putting on our shoes and leaving. I felt like they were thinking to themselves - why is this kid here interrupting my kids fun time?

 I felt like I needed to say something, to apologize, to explain why Ethan is the way he is. Wow, that makes me so angry...I don't feel that way about the other ones when they act up! Guess, I need some advice from some other special needs Mamas....any one want to help a sista out?







No comments:

Save Babies From Premature Birth