-

Monday, January 3, 2011

You are blessed...

So 2011 hasn't exactly started off the way we planned but than that shouldn't really come as a big surprise to me!  On New Years Day Ethan started vomiting...often...lots...not fun!  Ethan has always given us "signs" that he is getting sick.  Not like the other kids, who run around and than all of sudden fall out with a fever and are fine within 24 hours.  With Ethan, we notice more puffiness around his eyes than normal, a glassy stare and he stops eating.  Those 3 things usually happen all together and fast and within 24 hours he is very sick.  Not this time, this time, he was TYPICAL, yes you heard that ... TYPICAL.  He was playing, eating, having a great time and than BAM he started throwing up....But he woke up on Sunday and was F.I.N.E. Another TYPICAL for him because what the other kids get over in 24-48 hours usually takes Ethan a week to recover from.  He was doing great but than Chris got it but by the evening he was doing just fine.

So I was HAPPY, on cloud 9, celebrating this TYPICAL milestone.  I was a obviously a little cocky because he woke up today throwing up more...the good news is that he hasn't been sick since early afternoon and he has kept down food and drink since 5 tonight with no problem...but I'm not getting all HAPPY, on cloud 9, and celebrating this TYPICAL just yet.  The bad news is that I got a call from the school nurse that Jake was in the clinic throwing up so it looks like the stomach bug has hit our house....and our washing machine is leaking and our dryer has been giving us problems also so now we are looking at buying a new washer and dryer, exactly how I want to start the New Year ... sick kids and a $1,000 expense...

Yep, so I've been acting like a little BRAT this evening...but than I read a very sweet poem on one of my favorite blogs KIDZ and I remembered that I am blessed...

Because it is true, I am BLESSED so excuse me while go celebrate TYPICAL...


No comments:

Save Babies From Premature Birth